| "I really worry about everything going to the cloud, I think it's going to be horrendous. With the cloud, you don't own anything. You already signed it away. I want to feel that I own things."
– Steve Wozniak, Apple Inc. Co-founder, 2012-07-04.
This page collects resources related to "open source cloud computing" or OSCC.
There is a natural synergy between free open source software and cloud computing. FOSS enables fast development of powerful solutions, and solves the main concern about the cloud – providing user control of software and data to avoid extreme lock-in.
 Data Centers
The physical buildings and infrastructure that serve large cloud solutions.
 Desktop Virtualization
Enables access to an all software desktop from any Internet connected computer.
- FreeNX - NX compression.
- neatx - NX compression.
- SPICE - NX compression.
 Distributed Computing
Distributed management tools for very high scalability.
- Cassandra - Data replication and fault tolerance.
- Hadoop - Processing of very large data sets across many computers.
- Mesos - Application resource management across clusters
- Storm - Distributed very large data set processing
 Infrastructure as a Service
Cloud server management software.
Software used to build and manage clouds.
- Deltacloud - Abstract cloud management layer.
- Juju - Manage cloud services (from Canonical/Ubuntu)
- jclouds - Abstracts multiple API's with Java
- Libcloud - Library that abstracts multiple cloud API's
 Operating Systems
Operating systems specifically configured for the cloud.
 Software as a Service
Open source applications available over the Internet.
- Alfresco - Document Management
- CiviCRM - Association Management
- Collabtive - Project Management
- EGroupware - Groupware
- Nuxeo - Document Management
- OpenERP - Enterprise Resource Planning
- Opentaps - Enterprise Resource Planning
- OrangeHRM - Enterprise Resource Planning
- vTiger - Customer Resource Management